Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sleeping easy?

Sleep is an odd thing. For an activity based solely on inactivity, the ability to annoy and anger is still present. And to an extent magnified if it affects others sleep.

I snore. Always have, probably always will. This has recently become an issue. Mrs. Blog-It-Out is quite a light sleeper, and also gets very grumpy when the full 8 hours is not forthcoming. It tipped over into anger this morning. I don't blame her - apparently I sound like a buffalo on a motocross bike.

She hasn't had a good nights sleep in a week she tells me. She doesn't blame me, its accepted that its not malicious, or anything I can control. I feel terrible to be making her life so tough but what's a man to do? I offer to sleep on the couch but she's not having it. Earplugs have been tried and found wanting. Next on the list is acupuncture and some heavy duty drillers headphones.

Somethings got to give but we have no control over this. I've got to give her a good nights sleep. The price may just be none for me. I foresee a bleary eyed and grumpy Mr. Blog-It-Out.

Whatever I did differently (possibly the tylenol pm I convinced her to take) she had a wonderful rest last night, and is now as sprightly as a spring lamb. The margins are narrow, the differences great.

No comments:

Post a Comment